List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] ayast_setup and script status posibilities
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2010-02-19 13:29:51

on Tuesday 02 February 2010 R.E. van Holk wrote:

> Is there a way with SLES11 autoyast profiles to produces pop-ups or
> something similar , without any required user input ?

that's possible since openSUSE 11.2 but not with SLES11
http://ugansert.blogspot.com/2009/07/more-timeouts-for-autoyast.html

> ( we don't want any user input , the process should be fully unattendend )
> We have about 20 scripts running from autoyast right now , the total time
> they take to complete is now 30 minutes, that's the reason why we would
>  like to show somehow that there is something actually runnning.

there is no easy non-ugly way on pre-11.2 versions.
You can try to raise popups from your scripts with some X11 programm like
"notify-send" but that's neither nice, nor does it work in ncurses
installations.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert
Business: http://www.suse.de/~ug
listening to: "The Never-Ending Why" by Placebo