List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] configuring NFS mounts in autoyast *disables* NFSv4
From:       Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova () suse ! cz>
Date:       2010-02-03 12:48:14

Hi,

> I have run into some strange interaction between autoyast and NFSv4.  If I
> don't put an NFS section in my profile, it apparently keeps things at their
> defaults, including NFS4_SUPPORT="yes" in /etc/sysconfig/nfs, without any
> sysconfig entries for this.  However, if I include an nfs client section
> which configures an NFSv4 mountpoint, somehow that sysconfig setting gets
> set to "no", which means idmapd fails to start on boot.

> Is there a setting I am missing somewhere, or have I just hit a bug?  I
> didn't find any "enable NFSv4" settings in autoyast docs or the schemas.

Yeah, you've hit my buggy code :-| There are in fact two issues. The first one
is overriding sysconfig value with Nfs module default (this is trivial to fix
and can be done for the next SLE11 servicepack).
The second one is more a feature request - some optional vars for switching
NFSv4 support on/off and setting up idmapd.conf in <nfs> section of AY
profile. There is already bugzilla ticket for this. However, it's not
something that could be easily pushed into servicepack, as current <nfs>
section structure doesn't allow incorporating such change without creating
backwards incompatibility.

> The things just before this in the y2log are running my post-install
> scripts (which include [ab]using Perl to set the domain in idmapd.conf,
> since there's apparently no autoyast or sysconfig setting for that) and
> then SuSEconfig.  Since that "changed externaly [sic]" message occurs after
> post-scripts, I have a feeling trying to set the sysconfig value with "perl
> -pi -e 's/^(NFS4_SUPPORT=).*/\1"yes"/' /etc/sysconfig/nfs" in a post-script
> would get overriden also.

It depends. If the post-script has a <network_needed> tag set to true,
anything it changes will get overriden by what is specified (or implicitly
set) in AY profile. By default (<network_needed> is false) it is however not
the case, post-scripts are executed after configuration has already finished.

In case of emergency, you may (ab)use Perl in init-script, which is executed
even later.

fB.