List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] retrieving gpg-keys for package
From:       "Jochen Schaefer" <jschaef () novell ! com>
Date:       2008-09-18 14:13:06

Hi Uwe,

I didn't know to store the id in xml file.
The keys where used to sign individual packages.
And also content.asc of CD1 and so on.
As I learned I have to put the public keys into initial initrd which
is used during boot to prevent installer error messages about unknown
signed packages.

The idea is to retrieve the public key which signed our addon product
from somewhere (web) during pre installation and present it somehow the installer. Such I don't have
to put it into the initrd.

Will this work or did I miss something.

Thanks,
Jochen

On Friday 12 September 2008, Jochen Schaefer wrote:

> But the question is if it is possible to retrieve and use gpg-keys to
> validate self signed installation sources
> from a web source during the preinstallation phase?

I'm not sure if I understand. The keys are already on the installation
source? What exactly do you want to achieve?

> Since it is a little overhead to change the initrds of different SUSE
> Versions in different projects.

you don't have to put them in the initrd. You can specify the key id's in
the XML file too. You just have to store them in the initrd if you don't
want to put anything in your XML.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team