List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    [opensuse-autoinstall] How to bypass AutoYaST license WITHOUT removing the license from the media?
From:       "Richard Hefner" <Richard_Hefner () symantec ! com>
Date:       2008-07-31 18:47:02

Hi all -

We have an environment where we loop mount (read-only, of course) our
SuSE media and do not have the option of removing the license.zip (or
the entries in the directory.yast file) to bypass the license agreements
upon an auto installation with AutoYaST.  Is there any other possible
way to do this?  I don't really care if it's just a hack to get it
working..  We just need something. =20

One method I've been trying is using a pre-install script:  for each
system, I customize an initrd for it and throw a modified control.xml
(control.xml.bak) file into it, along with an info file and an
autoyast.xml file.  I was thinking that it could be possible to run a
pre-install script that copies the modified control.xml.bak file (the
one with the license module(s) commented out) to the "real" control.xml
file.  The only problem with this approach that I've seen is that yast
needs to re-read the modified control.xml file, as if the pre-install
script does this, I have errors with my partitioning plan.  Is there any
way to invoke a re-read of this file without killing yast and
restarting?  If not, what's the best way to accomplish a reload of yast
without exiting the installation?

The only answers I've seen on this list is to remove the license files
from the media.  Or, one method that I've seen that works is to leave
the license files on the media but comment out (or remove) the section
for the license modules in the control.xml file.  Hopefully there's a
way to do this?

Thank you for your time!

-Richard Hefner