List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Where do the hwcfg- files come from?
From:       Frank Steiner <fsteiner-mail1 () bio ! ifi ! lmu ! de>
Date:       2006-11-14 14:04:53

Hi Uwe,

I guess the hwcfg- files in /etc/sysconfig/hardware/ are created
during the yast2 session that starts right after the first boot into
the installed system.

Is there a way to re-create them manually by some call to yast2, i.e.,
the call that autoyast uses? Or is this some internal algorithm
of autoyast?

My problem are diskless clients that need hwcfg-files for their hardware
(like sound or firewire) and I don't know how to create them.

cu,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/