List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] SLES10 autoyast sometimes asks for CD1 after packages have been installed
From:       Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf () suse ! de>
Date:       2006-11-16 14:34:38

* Klein, Roger <roger.klein@ofd.mf.lsa-net.de> [Nov 16. 2006 13:20]:
> Hi there,
>
> We install our SLES10 on FSC RX 200 S3 systems from the original DVD
> using autoyast 2 with an configuration xml file.
> Sometimes, after the packages have been installed and the server has
> rebooted suddenly yast asks for CD 1 and stops. It wants to install a
> package whose name we cannot determine. The DVD is mounted on the device
> yast is looking for it, yet it doesn't find it.

Please report it as a bug and attach full logs.
See http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/YaST on how to retrieve the logs.

> The only somewhat uncommon option we use is the boot parameter
> "insmod=ide-generic" because without it our dvd drive will not be
> recognized.

This seems to be a hardware/driver issue where the kernel fails
to fully recognize the DVD drive. Please attach /var/log/messages
to the bug report.

> Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on where to look for a solution?

Did you try the 'failsafe' installation ?

Klaus