List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Antwort: Re: [suse-autoinstall] LVM configuration with SLES10
From:       tobias.mucke () man-mit ! com
Date:       2006-08-10 9:21:52

Hi Uwe,

the patch is working. Thanks a lot.

Tobias

             Uwe Gansert
             <ug@suse.de>
                                                                        An
             09.08.2006 16:26           suse-autoinstall@suse.com
                                                                     Kopie

                                                                     Thema
                                        Re: [suse-autoinstall] LVM
                                        configuration with SLES10

On Monday 07 August 2006 12:21, Uwe Gansert wrote:

> On Friday 04 August 2006 16:14, tobias.mucke@man-mit.com wrote:
> > I have a complex partitioning setup with LVM. Some partitions have to
> > be added to a VG vg_system. These are tagged with lvm_group in xml
> > file. Then I create LVs for the most important FS. After installation
> > everything seems fine, but all partitions are added to vg_system and
> > logical volumes are spreaded over all partitions!
> >
> > Has anybody seen this before?
>
> hmmm. That looks like a bug to me. :(

I have created a driverupdate patch for that issue for SLES10.
It should appear on ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/ug/autoyast soon.
You have to run the sles10_root_fix script on the root of your SLES10
installation server then (that's where the suse and media.1 directory is).
It should create a file called driverupdate.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Business: http://www.suse.de/~ug
now playing  - Retractor - Psycho Vs Killer