List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] retrieving xml installation profiles with http
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-08 17:02:12

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 17:39, Thomas Mieslinger wrote:

> > if it's a problem with yast/autoyast, a new initrd would not help you.
> > You would need to change the "root" image on the installation server.
>
> The file called root (around 40MB). Hmm, file says its just 'data'. What
> is it?

you can unpack that file with the tool on www.suse.de/~ug (unpackRoot).
It's just a directory image.

> I tried it with uppercase letters (%3F) and autoyast came up with a
> message "can't retrieve profile". If I then enter manually the uri (with
> ? and &) it works fine.

hmmm. That's interesting. So autoyast/yast has no problem with that "?" and
"&".
Can you send me the /var/log/YaST2/y2log with autoyast=http://....?....& ?
And please send me the /etc/install.inf too
Send both to me and not to the mailinglist

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert@suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
Fax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de