List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] passing boot ( interactively) options to grub combined with with using the me
From:       Simon Crute <scrute () novell ! com>
Date:       2005-11-25 11:09:09

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 23:44, Hans-Joachim Ehlers wrote:
> Hi folks,
> i am trying to move a Suse Installation CD to a USB-Stick so i can use
> the USB Stick for installation.
> The suse installation has the wonderfull option that you can add on a
> command line additional parameters to the kernel .
>
> Like:
> -> Select Installation
> -> On the command line add:
> hostname=myws

I know this is over a month since you asked the question, but I'm playing
catchup with some lists I subscribe to.

When I moved my installation to a USB stick, I just copies syslinux to it,
copies isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg, and ran syslinux /dev/sda (or wherever
the data was)

Then you can add the "hostname=foo" options to the kernel line as you want.

--
Simon Crute
IS&T