List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] help with labels in partition
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-28 15:17:09

On Monday 28 November 2005 11:38, jaiber john wrote:

> I'm using autoyast to install SLES9 on a set of systems where the disk
> order may change (It may be /dev/sda sometimes, /dev/sdb, etc..) but I've
> made proper labels on partitions I want to install. I want to use them in
> my autoyast.xml instead of device names.
>
> I'll create/format paritions before installation. I want to autoyast to
> re-use those partitions. Labels are set by e2label program.
>
> eg: I want to use the partition with label /1 as root.
>--- <partitions config:type="list>
> <partition>
> <creat config:type="boolean">false</format>
> <filesystem config:type="symbol">ext3</filesystem>
> <format config:type="boolean">false</format>
> <mount>/</mount>
> <label>/1</label>
> <mountby config:type="symbol">label</mountby>
> </partition>
> </partitions>
>-----

I see at least three syntax errors in the profile above (missing ", "creat"
must be "create" and the closing element of "create" is not supposed to be
"format").
remove those syntax errors and try to add:
<partition_id config:type="integer">131</partition_id>
<partition_type>primary</partition_type>

you might have luck that it works but I'm not so sure. Try it out.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert@suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
Fax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de