List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] Custom package installation using AutoYaST
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-04-28 15:10:03

On Thursday 28 April 2005 12:55, boopathy krishnamoorthy wrote:

>    I am using SUSE SLES version 9.

my suggestion should work on SLES9 too.

>    My requirement is
> to put all my packages in a separate directory and to
> install it.

why do they have to be in a seperate directory? If the packages are updates
for existing packages, create the update directory on the installation source
(I can explain it again but it is in the archive of this list too).
If they are new packages which are new to the installation source, copy them
to all the other packages an rebuild the package database like I explained.

>       <extra_packages>
>        <package_location>
>          custom
>        </package_location>
>         <packages config:type="list">
>            <package>glibc</package>    // this is my
>            <package>libnscd</package>  // package list
>           </packages>
>        </extra_packages>

where is this way of adding own packages to an installation source documented?

> I didn't use and selection file. I had given it
> directly in the control file itself.

if you go my way, it will look like this:

    <software>
      <addons config:type="list">
        <addon>Min</addon>
      </addons>
      <base>Minimal</base>
      <packages config:type="list">
        <package>MyOwnPackage</package>
      </packages>
    </software>

no need for creating a selection file too.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nürnberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert@suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
Fax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de