List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re-inventing the Wheel
From:       "Robison, Jonathon (M.)" <jrobiso2 () ford ! com>
Date:       2003-06-26 15:34:42

I recognize that this problem has probably been tackled before, but I also recognize \
that there's probably a one line answer, too.

I have duplicated all the SuSE 8.2 CD's to an apache server and made them available \
via http.

What I want to end up with is a Floppy disk I can give out that people can boot to \
install SuSE. They need to be able to do all configuration as they normally would, \
EXCEPT that I want it to use MY list of rpm packages to install.

I can make an .sel file and place it with the others in the http server (I think) but \
what I need is a boot floppy that will let folks configure for their hardware, \
including partitioning, etc. but enforce my package list on their install.

In RH, I would just make a normal boot floppy, create/modify the ks.cfg, and the \
ks.cfg would list the packages but not much else, forcing the system to ask about \
anything not listed. It seems a little less straight-forward in SuSE.

Pointers on how to, or url's with existing HOWTO docs would be greatly appreciated!

Jonathon M. Robison
Linux Integration Analyst
Strategic Infrastructure Engineering
313-323-9529