List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    AW: [suse-autoinstall] PXE loop /solved
From:       "Frank Pascher" <fpascher () mpifr-bonn ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2003-02-06 7:53:59

Hi,

the problem with PXE-Loop is solved.

First of all thanks for all the comments.

As a result of this I changed over to atftpd, because of the fact that we
will install more than 200 clients via this system over night.

The result is a small perl script which compares atime and ctime of the
pxe-file.

As soon atime is newer than ctime the file is deleted.
This script will be run via cron/atd every 15 minutes.

That's it, small and simple. :-))

The first approach was to monitor the /var/log/messages.
But this wolud result in to much checks, before you whether the file has
been served or not (date, client IP). The next thing would be that I never
know how big this file will get. Who knows what ever and how much gets
logged to that file ? :-)

So I skipped that.

The approach Anas tried is ok, but we have tftpd/dhcp on a different server
than autoinstall. So his approach would not work. for a single server
solution it would be ok.

As soon I finished the script I gonna post it here.

Anas if you like to put the script into the documentation you're welcome.
(With a small hint to my person :-)).

cheers frank

|         Max-Planck-Institut für Radioastronomie          |
|               Abt.1 (wissenschaftliche DV)               |
|                      Frank Pascher                       |
| Auf dem Huegel 69                Tel.: +49 (228) 525 359 |
| 53121 Bonn                       Fax.: +49 (228) 535 229 |
|           Email: mailto:fpascher@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de       |
|             WWW: http://www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de            |
| PGP Fingerprint: 13D1 8C86 57B3 2850 F158 4879 E5F3 7E20 |