List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    SuSE Linux 8.1 Autoinst with YAST2 and the common.pkd file
From:       "Orenchak, James" <James.Orenchak () norcom ! de>
Date:       2003-02-25 14:18:25

Hello,

I have used Autoinst using NFS and FTP with SuSE Linux Version 7.1 a
lot.  It worked great.  Now I'm starting to use YAST2 Autoinst to install
SuSE Linux 8.1 on systems.  The first problem I encountered was an error
message that no software packages could be found when I tried to create the
first control file.  After reading about several fixes in this mailing list
and installing them, that error disappeared.  I copied all of the SuSE 8.1
CDs into one directory and then started the script create_package_descr to
recreate the package database.  I used the command without any
parameters.  I expected to see a file called common.pkd in the directory
where I
copied the CDs into after calling create_package_descr.  I didn't find it.
Is
the file common.pkd no longer required?  When yes, what should be in the
file common.pkd?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

James Orenchak