List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    ldap client problem
From:       Christian Stoltze <stoltze () fmi ! uni-konstanz ! de>
Date:       2002-08-29 14:00:14

Hello,

I want to use the ldap client feature during an automatic installation
but nothing happens. Here are my config settings:

<configure>
  <ldap>
   <ldap_domain>dc=inf,dc=uni-konstanz,dc=de</ldap_domain>
   <ldap_server>134.34.57.71</ldap_server>
   <ldap_v2 config:type="boolean" >false</ldap_v2>
   <start_ldap config:type="boolean" >true</start_ldap>
  </ldap>
</configure>

After the installation the files
   /etc/nsswitch.conf
   /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
   /etc/security/pam_unix2.conf
are not prepared for ldap-client functionality.

If I run "yast2 ldap_client" manually after the installation
then I succeed in setting up a ldap client. Of course, I can
write a shell script and put it in the <post-scripts> section,
but I would rather use the ldap feature <ldap>.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Stoltze
Computer Science,  University of Constance (Lake Constance/SW-Germany)