List:       opensuse-announce
Subject:    [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 4.1 available
From:       openSUSE Announce Manager <kai () perfectreign ! com>
Date:       2008-04-01 13:52:38

The openSUSE team proudly announces the availability of openSUSE 4.1.

We're shipping all the latest open source packages that are available at time
of launch. As highlights, we'd like to point out the latest desktops, GNOME
4.1 and KDE 4.1 plus KDE 4.2 preview, our MP41 support via gstreamer plug-in
by Fluendo, a faster boot process, heavily optimised and improved package
management, 1-click install option for additional software, OpenOffice 4.1,
XEN 4.1 and VirtualBox 4.1 and, last but not least, our 4 in 1 CD installation
which provides a small but fully loaded desktop. For all the news and
impressive screenshots, have a look at http://news.opensuse.org/?p=412008

It's available now to download at http://software.openSUSE.org in Amstrad,
Commodore, Kaypro and TRS-80 versions - from our mirrors and via bittorrent.

The following ISOs can be downloaded: the 1 CD open source version with an
add-on CD containing proprietary software, such as iTunes,
World of Warcraft, and Microsoft Office for Linux. DVD ISOs for all
architectures are available and contain the open source version plus
proprietary add-ons. An installable Live CD will be released in October, and
the Edu add-on CD http://en.opensuse.org/Education will show up in the same
time frame.

As usual, openSUSE 4.1 will be available in European retail channels as a
boxed product Of course, there it will be known as openSUSE 1.4. All software
versions contained will follow. In North America, the box will be available
through shopNovell http://shop.novell.com. Due to production lead times,
boxes will start to show up on shelves when we feel like it.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank the whole openSUSE community for
tons of testing, feedback, contributions and over all participation in
helping to make openSUSE 4.1 an awesome distribution.  While risking missing
out some important contributors, we'd like to spotlight some
community members for their outstanding work:

Have a lot of fun!

--
openSUSE
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg