List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Early distro update to Leap 15.6
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2024-05-04 8:04:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On 2024-05-04 02:41, Felix Miata wrote:
> Darryl Gregorash composed on 2024-05-03 18:28 (UTC-0600):
>
> > OK, this isn't going as expected. I chose (as I usually do) to fetch the
> > DVD .iso image and write it to USB. However, depending on how I try to
> > grab it (left-click vs. middle-click/Save link as...) the .iso either
> > does not exist, or is only 153 bytes, which is curious because, when I
> > load the repo in Firefox, it says it is 4.3 GB.
>
> Try using a downloader instead of a click:
>
> wget http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.6/iso/openSUSE-Leap-15.6-DVD-x86_64-Media.iso
>
> Or use the NET iso. That way, you only download what is needed by the
> installation process, and the packages to actually be installed.

Use aria2c instead:

aria2c --check-integrity=true \
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.6/iso/openSUSE-Leap-15.6-DVD-x86_64-Current.iso

or

aria2c --check-integrity=true \
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.6/iso/openSUSE-Leap-15.6-DVD-x86_64-Build669.1-Media.iso

That will take care of verification, and download at top speed using several mirrors \
if appropriate

If aria2c is not found, install it.

It amazes me that people still do not use aria2c for downloading the iso, after so \
many years, and then complain about bad repos or bad images or bad downloads ;-p

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.5 x86_64 at Telcontar)

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]