Andreas Stieger composed on 2024-04-27 18:04 (UTC+0200): > Knurpht-openSUSE wrote: >> Op zaterdag 27 april 2024 17:19:38 CEST schreef Andreas Stieger >> Users: >>> In any case simply waiting a bit seems >>> to best fit the user's needs right now. >> That is by far the best one can do. >> Andreas, the reason why I'm warning and objecting is that on a daily basis I >> see at least 4-5 issues where these are caused by additional repos. The >> experience is that once users add one repo, more will follow because they see >> it as a valid option. > And you may can continue to do so. But in case this did not come across: > I think we should stop short of suggesting we don't even mention > alternatives. I believe in informing users fully, you know... open. This > is a valid opinion to the fully informed users, a foot-gun for some - > and that's just life. I think the zypper "orphaned packages" feature > will help a bunch here. Additional repos are typically employed via software.opensuse.org's 1-click process, which needs to be fixed or eliminated to cut the frequency of additional repos trouble. I don't believe most users have any consciousness that the 1-click process installs these booby traps. -- Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion, based on faith, not based on science. Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks! Felix Miata