List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Updating openSUSE Tumbleweed:
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2024-03-31 1:48:00

-pj composed on 2024-03-30 10:35 (UTC-0500):

> Felix Miata wrote:

> > Given working network, putting the following all on one line at a shell prompt
> > may be all that's needed to get zypper dup to run again:

> > rpm -Uvh http://download.opensuse.org/ports/i586/tumbleweed/repo/oss/i586/libzypp-17.31.31-1.3.i586.rpm \
> > http://download.opensuse.org/ports/i586/tumbleweed/repo/oss/i586/zypper-1.14.68-1.5.i586.rpm
> >

> > rpm -Uvh --nodeps http:... may be required due to other packages depending on
> > them not yet upgraded.

> Your suggestion seems to have worked correctly here for the machine in
> question.

Nice to hear! :D

> The following item is locked and will not be changed by any action:
> Available:
> Mesa-dri-nouveau

I don't recall the history of why this was locked for you. If the package is
installed, keeping it locked could eventually prevent upgrades of other Mesa*
packages.

> Nothing to do.
> HP-Mini-311-1000:~> uname -r
> 6.7.7-1-pae
> HP-Mini-311-1000:~>

> Thank you for your advanced help with this situation. Are you aware of
> other issues that I have possibly overlooked since upgrading the packages?

Be sure the following are installed:

	liblzma5-5.6.1.revertto5.4-3.2.i586.rpm
	xz-5.6.1.revertto5.4-3.2.i586.rpm

If they aren't, you need to do another zypper dup.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata