List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [oS-en] How to stitch scanned papers?
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2024-03-23 12:49:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On 2024-03-23 05:10, David T-G wrote:
> Carlos, et al --
>
> ...and then Carlos E. R. said...
> % On 2024-03-23 02:29, David T-G wrote:
> % >
> % > ...and then Carlos E. R. said...
> % > %
> % > % How to stitch scanned papers?
> % > %
> % > % I have a map that is larger than my scanners, so I took 3 partial scans. I
> % > [snip]
> % >
> % > ImageMagick
> %
> % It can join photos, yes, edge to edge; but I need to position the edges
> % manually, one or two centimetres overlap. For this a GUI is needed.
>
> Ah.  I thought I recalled it doing edge detection, but I haven't played
> with it (like about 90% of the amazing functionality :-)  Are you sure,
> or have you checked with the Magick support folks?

I have joined pngs, but I knew the edge was exactly at the limit of the
png, there was no overlapping.

I can not imagine how to do it with ImageMagic with unknown overlap.

> % >
> % > Or I use BimoStitch on my Android phone; it seems pretty good at edge
> % > matching.
> %
> % No, I can not work with such a small display to join the scans.
>
> You don't have to; you select from your pile all of the pictures that
> touch each other and it figures out how they overlap and comes up with
> one final [huge] image.  Way better than trying to do so by hand, too.
>
> Good luck! :-)

Ok, I may try. Each of the three photos are about 60 Megs, very big for
a tiny procesor.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.5 x86_64 at Telcontar)

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]