List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: a bit OT: how to GIMP:open as layers from dolphin
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2024-03-02 10:53:32

Am 02.03.24 um 08:30 schrieb Masaru Nomiya:

> In the Message;
>
>    Subject    : Re: a bit OT: how to GIMP:open as layers from dolphin
>    Date & Time: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 12:51:50 +0100
>
> [DB] == Daniel Bauer <linux@daniel-bauer.com> has written:
>
> DB>  Am 01.03.24 um 12:04 schrieb Masaru Nomiya:
>
> [...]
> DB>  > Haven't you installed kimageformats?
>
> DB>  It is installed, but that doesn't give a menu entry in dolphin to
> DB>  open files as layers in Gimp.
>
> 1. Can you use gimp itself?

Yes, yes, there is no problem at all, everything works perfect. I can
open any image in Gimp from dolphin, I just can't open various files "as
layers" from dolphin. That's all.

I just don't know if (and if, how) it is possible to make this function
of gimp ("open as layers") available in dolphin's context menu.

(explain:
selecting various files in dolphin -> open with -> Gimp naturally opens
each file in a separate Gimp window, which is correct;

interesting for me would be an additional context-menu-entry "open as
layers in Gimp" in dolphin which will open all selected files as layers
in only one window, just as when you use Gimp's menu "open as layers",
but I don't know how to achieve that or if it is even possible

When I work through a large list of various versions of photos that I
want to combine, it's very practical to do it from dolphin, because the
selected files remain selected in dolphin while I work the image in
Gimp. Then I can just select the next ones in the dolphin list. While
when I use Gimp's menu, I have to scroll down the file list from the
beginning each time, and also have to remember which one was the last I
already edited...
)

> 2. What's the result of;
>
>    $ ldd /usr/bin/dolphin | grep "not found"

nothing :-)

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
Twitter: @Marsfotografo (often explicit nudes)