List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Audacity & Kwrite fail to start
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2024-01-17 4:35:10

On 1/16/24 10:58, Ben T. Fender wrote:
> BTF>  trace has a lot of 'no such file or directory'
>
> BTF>https://transfiles.ru/9j11q
> [...]
>
> David seems to see the file, but I can't see anything.... (_ _?

Strace will always be full of 'no such file or directory' as for every file
the executable will walk-the-path to find whatever file it needs. At every
level in the path where the file doesn't exists -- you get a 'no such file or
directory' -- that's why strace output is gazillions of lines long and drives
you crazy trying to track individual errors. Unless you can search on a
specific signal, then it's a lot of repetitive ("so what") lines to go through....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.