List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Can you help with rename files? (a bit offtopic, sorry)
Date:       2023-12-23 14:55:17

Am Samstag, 23. Dezember 2023, 15:38:33 CET schrieb Daniel Bauer:
> Hi,
>
> I have lots of files named like
> 07X55c_IMG_0155.png
> where 07X55c is a random text of varable lengths which I want to cut so
> that the file will be renamed to IMG_0155.png
> [...]

Besides the already mentioned KRename, you could use mmv that works without
regular expressions, too. E.g.:
mmv -n "*_IMG_*.png" "IMG_#2.png"

This will only print the renamings. Remove the "-n" option or replace it by
"-v" to really rename your files.

HTH
 Jan
--
The secret of success is sincerity, learn to fake it and you've got it made.