Am 15.12.23 um 18:51 schrieb Payam Firouztala via openSUSE Users: > > > On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 07:25:37 AM PST, Daniel Bauer > wrote: > > > > > thanks for the hint. Anyway as much as I see it, Plasma Vault would be > > linked to my KDE, but I search for a solution to encrypt files or > > folders in a way that I can put them anywhere and share with others. > > > > I am looking for something to encrypt files so that somebody can decrypt > > them even on a Mac or Win-PC. With this I could for example deliver > > private client photos via dropbox or similar. > > > I wonder if Veracrypt is the answer you are looking for. > You create a container (file) that you would mount as a volume/drive > using a password (which is always required) > Then you copy files or directories into the mounted drive. Once you > unmount the drive you can place that container > anywhere. Anybody you wish can download the file and mount it using the > password you send them. > It's cross-platform. Thanks. It looks interesting, as much as I understand it's kind of the same approach as I use with my LUKS-encrypted image-files for my own purposes. The problem I see here is that the receiver must install Veracrypt to be able to mount a container (at least s/he can, in contrary to LUKS on Win, as far as I know). But I bookmarked it, in case I find no easier solution. -- -- Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga Twitter: @Marsfotografo (often explicit nudes) https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer https://www.daniel-bauer.com (nudes)