List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: as always: Kuickshow for 15.5?
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2023-07-21 19:20:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On 2023-07-21 21:10, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Am 21.07.23 um 15:26 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
>> On 2023-07-18 13:44, Daniel Bauer wrote:

>> on ristretto, the thumbnail bar an other items can be disabled. But
>> resizing the window doesn't resize the photo. Normally I use the photo
>> viewer from shotwell (there doesn't seem to be a separate program) is
>> at least fast, doesn't resize, and keeps an edit bar at the bottom.
>
> Don't know this, but it is for Xfce and it's install would install lots
> of dependencies...

There is that.

>> shotwell /home/cer/Photos/F_DSC_a2589.JPG
>
> It opens a standard size window, no matter how large the photo is, so
> I'd have to resize each window manually to remove the unused black space...
>
>> What I do in this situation is, in thunar (the file browser I use), I
>> right click on the photo, open with, and test all the tools I have
>> installed, see which one is best.
>>
>> I'll test all I have for you.
>> Gimp:        you do not want this.
>
> I work a lot with Gimp, of course, and it's fantastic. But it opens
> images/windows in quite arbitrary sizes and making the image smaller
> doesn't make the window smaller. There are no commands like "open image
> in the largest possible size of the screen" or "show photo smaller and
> adjust window to image size". Due to the huge amount of possibilities
> there are almost no simple single-key shortcuts. And, for the simple
> purpose of photo selection it is too slow/heavy.

Certainly. I knew you use it, but it is not a viewer, not the tool you
want now :-)

>> XV:        Yes! You want this one.
>>          Oops: resizing can change form factor :-/
>>          May have an option to disable this, has a context menu.
>
> XV opens only one window when I select several windows to open.

Oh. I did not test this.

> I must
> then select from the list which one to show in that window. But I need
> all images in separate windows...
>
> And the distortions when changing window size makes it completely
> unusable :-(

There is a button to correct this in the context menu, but it is indeed
a nuisance having to use it continuously. But I was hopping there is
some configuration to change this "stupid" behaviour.

> (In kuickshow changing the window size doesn't influence image size and
> never the aspect ratio [while changing image size does ajust window
> size]. I can open two or three photos, type "o" for full pixel size,
> resize the windows and place them side by side to compare details.
> Simply by clicking in a window I can drag the image around inside the
> window... No space is taken by scrollbars. No other program can do that...)

Yeah, I can understand its appeal.

"opi kuickshow" finds it somewhere for 15.4. None for 15.5.

home:mad_soft

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.4 x86_64 at Telcontar)

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]