List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: why did eth0 suddenly stop working? Stranger than strange!
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2023-07-16 19:34:33

Am 16.07.23 um 21:19 schrieb Dave Howorth:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 21:01:26 +0200
> Daniel Bauer <linux@daniel-bauer.com> wrote:

>>> Is it every 8 days, like a clock?
>>
>> I can only say from my emails here to that list that I sent the days
>> it happened: 2., 9, and 16. of July, always during the night before
>> (don't know the hour, just see in the morning that it doesn't work
>> anymore)
>>
>> Always the night from Saturday to Sunday...
>
> Err, so you're saying it is every seven days, not every eight days?!
> And always the same day of the week?

Yeah, counting the days gets more complicated when one gets old, it
seems :-)

But yes, until now it occurred always in the night from Saturday to Sunday.

> What about the time; is that
> regular?

I don't know.

The last times I repaired it Sunday morning, today I did it in the
afternoon. Maybe it stops later the next time?

> (you could leave ping in a shell script loop every minute or
> so to see)

How could I do that so that it only pings once every half an hour and
adds the result to a file? When I type "ping ..." it pings endless until
I break it with ctrl-c...

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
Twitter: @Marsfotografo (often explicit nudes)