List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: hardware(?)-problem with new mini pc
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2023-06-18 8:29:11

Am 18.06.23 um 01:25 schrieb Masaru Nomiya:
> Hello,
>
> In the Message;
>
>    Subject    : Re: hardware(?)-problem with new mini pc
>    Date & Time: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 21:15:48 +0900
>
> [MN] == Masaru Nomiya <nomiya@lake.dti.ne.jp> has written:
>
> [...[
> MN> Could you show the result of this?
>
> MN> $ cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/board_{vendor,name,version}

Alurin
M3 i7-10510
Default string

> Since there is no RES,

Sorry, I had no time to play with that new computer these days. Above is
the answer, but I fear it doesn't say a lot... I can' find anything
meaningful for "Alurin"...

> I checked and found that the CPU socket of mini
> PC for Intel CPU is
>
>   LGA 1700 (Socket V)
>
> This socket is compatible with 12th generation Intel CPUs (BIOS update
> is required for 13th generation CPUb).
>
> However, Daniel reports a 10th generation CPU on his PC, which is hard
> to believe.
>
> It's not surprising that it makes unknown beeping noises.

I don't know what socket there is actually, I can't find that information.

The sellers page more or less just says
     Familia Procesador: Intel  Core™ de 10  Generación
     Modelo Procesador: Procesador Intel  Core™ I7-10510U
     Modelo de adaptador gráfico incorporado: Intel  UHD Graphics

and that it looks nice and is very good :-)

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer