List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: hardware(?)-problem with new mini pc
From:       Masaru Nomiya <nomiya () lake ! dti ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2023-06-17 12:15:48

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: hardware(?)-problem with new mini pc
  Date & Time: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:35:05 +0200

[DB] == Daniel Bauer <linux@daniel-bauer.com> has written:

DB>  Am 16.06.23 um 18:06 schrieb Per Jessen:
DB>  > Daniel Bauer wrote:
DB>  >> My questions:
DB>  >> - Can anyone decrypt those mce messages?
DB>  >
DB>  > I'll offer a guess - I see three errors, one corrected, two uncorrected,
DB>  > although they are reported in different "banks".  I have to think that
DB>  > is a memory problem.
DB>  >
DB>  > The beeping you are hearing is almost certainly the BIOS' way of
DB>  > communicating that.

DB>  They sent me a new one. It also beeps, but a bit different :-)
DB>  I cannot "decode" the beeps as they are fast. I tried to look at
DB>  it in audacity (installed it for that) but the line is so flat
DB>  that I also couldn't find out more... So I have no idea about
DB>  those beeps.
[...]

Could you show the result of this?

$ cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/board_{vendor,name,version}

Regards & Good Night.

---
┏━━┓彡    Masaru Nomiya               mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "A society bound by e-mail and mobile phones deprives us of the
	  freedom to face ourselves and indulge our fantasies."

                                       -- Michael Crichton (Speech in Japan) --