List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Copying /home
From:       Per Jessen <per () jessen ! ch>
Date:       2023-03-07 17:47:06

Daniel Bauer wrote:

> I use directly the rsync "-e ssh" command, so it's not necessary to
> first open an ssh session. Password of destination will be asked.

"-e ssh" is the default, you don't need to add it.

> I added -z to compress file data during the transfer

For a local transfer on gigabit network, I don't think compression will
give you much, it might even be worse.  compression works well on
compressable data over slower lines.

> and --progress
> because I like to see what happens (...that something happens...)

+1

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.1 °C)
Member, openSUSE Heroes (2016 - present)