List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [oS-en] Suddenly, mouse wheel doesn't work.
From:       Per Jessen <per () jessen ! ch>
Date:       2023-01-31 17:32:21

Lew Wolfgang wrote:

> On 1/31/23 07:46, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>> Still  does  not  make  sense  to  me.    For  me,  the  trackball  has  to  rest
>>> on  a solid  surface  that  also  supports  my  wrist.    For  a  laptop  that  I
>>> actually  move  around  with  me,  I  only  ever  use  the  built-in  touchpad.
>>
>> Me  too,  but  some  people  never  adapt  and  buy  a  mouse.
>
> I was introduced to trackballs in 1965 and I never liked them,
> especially the ones where there's a small ball for the thumb.

Hmm, I guess we're still vaguely on-topic :-)

Myself, I switched to trackball in the late 90s and I use left or right
hand.  I think it depends a lot on what you do - if it involves a lot
of work with the mouse, my wrist often hurts after a long day.  I've
never had that with the trackball.

> I don't like touchpads either.

I'm no big fan either, but in the situations where I use the laptop, I
usually don't want to faff with the mouse or I don't have the space for
one, e.g. working whilst riding a train.  A necessary (small) evil.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.6 °C)
Member, openSUSE Heroes (2016 - present)