List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Brasero showing twice in gnome software (Installed)
From:       Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-01-26 16:45:01

On 26.01.2023 17:11, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-01-26 14:41, Pete Thorsen Jr. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed Brasero from the gnome software application, which said that it \
> > was installed from the opensuse repo. When I click on the "Installed" tab of the \
> > gnome software application, it indicates that Brasero is installed twice.

I cannot reproduce it. I tried to install Brasero both using zypper and
GNOME Software and in both cases it is listed just once. Tumbleweed
20230119.

> > Originally, I wrote to the Brasero folks about this. They said that they couldn't \
> > do anything about it. I wrote to the Gnome folks, I never heard back from anyone. \
> > Now I am writing here hoping to clean up this bug.
> > One of the Brasero devs replied to me and said, "Your distro provides the \
> > PackageKit back-end from which the information comes."
> > Hopefully, someone here can pass along this information to get it looked at and \
> > fix it so that only one instance appears in the Installed software tab of the \
> > gnome software application.

No, it does not work this way. You have a system with a problem, you can
provide necessary information, you are concerned about this problem - it
is up to you to report and to follow up by providing requested
information and answering questions. You cannot expect someone else to
do it for you.