List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Mouse freezes randomly but often (solved somehow)
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2022-09-20 12:18:53

Am 17.09.22 um 20:45 schrieb Daniel Bauer:

> Am 17.09.22 um 20:18 schrieb Daniel Bauer:
>>

>> Am 17.09.22 um 19:20 schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
>>> * Patrick Shanahan <paka@opensuse.org> [09-17-22 13:08]:

>>> maybe move radio to a more accessable position.
>> (it is internet radio running in a browser window)
>>
>> since my last mail I am working in Gimp and the mouse works...
>>
>> Indeed I had two mobile phones laying on the table right to the side
>> of the mouse pad.
>>
>> I also moved the files from that ssd to another disk.
>>
>> So right now I don't know, if it is a coincidence, or if it has to do
>> with the phones or with the ssd.
>>
>> I'll continue to work for approx. an hour. Tomorrow I'll test again
>> after rebooting. If it's still ok, I'll first try for a while with the
>> phones next to the mouse, and if this doesn't disturb it, I'll try
>> again with files on the ssd.
>>
>> I hope I'll find out with that. I'll keep you updated, but it will
>> take a day or two to hopefully exclude coincidences...
>>
>> (I'll clean the poles in the mouse after those tests or if it starts
>> to make problems again without the phones/with the "normal" disk... :-) )
>
> One shouldn't be too happy too early... right after I sent the last
> post, the mouse went crazy again.
>
> I cleaned the contacts.
> I tried with the last kernel, same problem.
> Because I've read somewhere that it could be a graphics problem, I
> re-installed all Nvidia in cosole-Yast (runlvel 3), rebooted...
>
> The problem occurs since the very first moment of logging into KDE...

So, on Sunday I went to the next Chinese shop (they are always open) and
bought a 5€-cable-mouse. It worked perfectly, apart of that it makes a
lot of noise, clicks hard and the wheel feels as if it wouldn't really
love to be turned...

Today I received a new cabled Logitech silent mouse. It also works
perfect and my problems have disappeared (knock on wood).

I don't know if actually both my wireless mouses (mice, sorry) got
defective at the same moment, or if the system has a problem with them.

For the moment I am happy with the cabled mouse. I don't know yet if I
stay with it, it's nice not to have to use batteries...
--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer