List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: No eth0 connection after soundcard config in Yast... SOLVED
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2022-04-17 12:50:56

(Sorry Darryl, pm was unintended...)

Am 17.04.22 um 14:27 schrieb Darryl Gregorash:
> On 2022-04-17 05:48, Daniel Bauer wrote:

>>> How strange...
>>>
>>> Could there be a collision between Intel sound and Intel Ethernet
>>> somehow? It "deleted" the wrong driver?
>>
>> How can I know which one is the right driver?
>>

> lspci has given you the right module: igc
> Does the ethernet controller show up in the YaST hardware list?
>
> Try shutting down the system, turn off the switch on the power supply
> for about 30 seconds or so, then reboot the system. It's possible that
> the state of the ethernet controller was somehow mangled, eg. during a
> hardware probe. My ethernet controller somehow disappeared a few days
> ago, and that is the only way I got it back.

Thank you Darryl, that made it!

I rebooted several times before with no change, but now I shut it down
and switched the power supply of and after counting to 30 switched it on
again, booted - and here is my eth0, up and working

Tanks!

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer