List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Baloo strikes again
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2020-12-13 9:59:26

> perhaps I am just very dense, but the purpose of /etc/xdg/autostart iiuc
> is to do *exactly* that, automagically start instances that for the most
> part the <user> has specified.
>
> how does that qualify as a nasty KDE habit?

That's just a handover adjective from then they first started doing it with
kde 4.04a? and then Gnome joined the party, and soon if you has a few gnome
apps on kde, or vice-versa you would have a gaggle of apps all launching from
xdg/autostart you would have to deal with.

I'm mean they are just apps. Not all nasty -- boy but some of the sure are :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.