List:       opensuse
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5Bopensuse=5D?= REgistering file/mime type system wide
From:       Daniel Spannbauer <ds () marco ! de>
Date:       2020-11-30 15:42:30

Hello,

we have a filetype with ending "fsp" ,which should be opened with a
special application.

I created a xml-file and registered the type "application/x-fsp" with
"xdg-mime install"

I also created a Desktop-file  /usr/share/applications/mmview.desktop ,
which has an entry "MimeType=application/x-fsp"

When I call "xdg-mime query default application/x-fsp" as my user,  I
get "which: no mmviews in (/usr/uti)"

If I call it as root, I get "mmview.desktop".

How do I configure a mime type for alle users under opensuse Leap?

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Systemadministration
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11