List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] TW: total system freeze-up : Hard re-boot needed : dbus-daemon[900] log-message
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-24 4:55:41

On 02/23/2019 04:30 PM, ellanios82 wrote:
> - thank you kindly for looking into this :
>

> MOBO is about 10 years old : will open-up box to look for puffy capacitors.

Sure. I just had to retire my trusty box hostname 'nemesis' that probably
first showed on this list in 2003 or so? Solid Abit KT7 with Tbird Athlon
processor. Ran from 2002 through 2018 and died with 11.4 still running
(serving as a back-office hylafax/avantfax, fileserver). RIP

I was going to send it in to badcaps.net (the guy does a great job replacing
all capacitors), but I just have it sitting in the bone-pile for now...

The sinister thing about bad capacitor lock-ups is you can go a week, maybe
two between lockups, but slowly they will become more frequent until finally
it goes TITSUP and won't boot at all. Best to give it the once over sooner
than later....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.