List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] any issues with cups broadcasts and leap15 ?
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () gmx ! es>
Date:       2018-09-19 14:33:48

On 18/09/2018 14.32, Per Jessen wrote:
> Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>> That would still leave your router open though.
>>
>> I don't understand. If it is closed in the firewall, it is closed,
>> problem solved.
>
> I assume that the firewall is placed between the internal/LAN and the
> external/WAN interface - you can close port 22 all your want, but if
> you have an sshd listening on the external interface, that won't be
> affected.

It has both, I understand. I did close it some weeks ago, and then you
checked my IP and you said therre was no ssh. Then I undid that while
solving another problem and forgot to put it back, and I do not dare to
touch it till my trip ends.

>>> What does "not enough" mean?  Not enough for what?
>>
>> Not enough to convince my ISP to issue a nation wide upgrade.
>
> Ah, okay.

And they will not issue an upgrade for a single router.  They might tell
me to upgrade my current hardware for a monthly fee, and I do not want
to do that.

If the router is faulty and I can prove it easily, they have to be told.
Once I close the firewall I will not care either way, but I would have
done my duty.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.