List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] repository metatdata download times
From:       Dave Howorth <dave () howorth ! org ! uk>
Date:       2016-12-05 23:54:52

When I run software update, it says it is updating the repositories and
this takes some time (seemingly a long time). Tonight I noticed that it
claims to be downloading at over 600 k(something)/second. That seems to
me to be sufficiently fast that the changes in the repositories since
the last time I donloaded them (yesterday) should take almost no time.

So is it using some kind of braindead download method or something?
What can we do to improve it?

Cheers, Dave