List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] best ebook reader and sync opinons?
From:       Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2016-09-29 6:15:52

Am Donnerstag, 29. September 2016, 09:25:04 CEST schrieb George from the
tribe:
> I use Calibre on my desktop and 2 laptops. In order to keep them
> synchronized, I use a manual ssh script that I wrote.

I keep my Calibre library in my cloud storage (owncloud on my own server,
dropbox would work just as well).

> For my phone (almost a tablet), I use the kindle reader app, so I don't
> share the books between the pc and the phone. The phone is for the
> kindle books, and the pc is for the calibre books.

on my phone and my tablet I use moon reader + but only for the rare cases that
I don't have my Kobo Aura H²O with me, which I can sync fine with calibre on
linux or windows.

> I am wondering what experiences anyone out there might have with using
> calibre on the pc and keeping the books, bookmarks, pages, and settings
> synchronized with a book reader on android? I have used both Aldiko and
> Moonreader in the past on an earlier phone, but I had to manually import
> all the books, and couldn't keep anything synchronized.

Same here: didn't find a way to keep my library synced with my phone or tablet.
Besides, for reading I like an epaper display better than OLED.

Cheers
MH

--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD 763C