List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Compressing m4v files (was: Ripping question: K3b or k9copy
From:       Anton Aylward <opensuse () antonaylward ! com>
Date:       2016-09-28 12:49:31

On 09/28/2016 02:13 AM, jdd wrote:
> Le 28/09/2016 à 02:25, Anton Aylward a écrit :
>
>> Are there tools to shrink .m4v files?
>>

> can't you preset it in hanbrake? else ffmpeg do this (or hanbrake cli)

I don't understand your reply, perhaps you don't understand my question.
Handbrake produces the .m4v files.
Other than saving what can be configured on screen, which is about the
extraction characteristics, screen size, sound and such, there aren't any 'under
the hood, controls or adjustable things as there are for in k9copy, the
one-pass/two-pass stuff etc etc.

The only way I can see to 'shrink, is to re-extract from the original using a
smaller screen size or not having closed captions.

no, I'm talking about working on files, not just the ones I've made myself, by
somehow compressing them.
Only I don't think .m4v is very compressible?

Can I, for example, afterwards, detect what language tracks there are?
I don't speak Spanish, for example, could I strip out the Spanish tracks?