List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] photo management on leap
From:       Billie Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2016-09-04 14:37:27

On 09/04/2016 09:22 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
> On 09/04/2016 08:53 AM, Billie Walsh wrote:
>> >I forgot to mention. On the up side your original image is not changed so if you
>> >make a mistake you can always go back to it. That can come in handy on occasion.
>> >

> Let me add a variation to that.
>
> I use Darktable which stores the changes to the original in a 'sidebar' file.
> I also use RAW format:-)
> So I make the changes and 'export' to GUF or PNG or whatever as needed and can
> step back and forth though the changes I've made.

Gimp kinda sorta does that also [ unless you somehow remove that sidebar
from loading like I did once ]. I don't think it works exactly the same
as Darktable though. As I recall if you roll the image back to an older
version and make a change it removes all the previous changes from that
starting point.

--
Fast is fine, but accuracy is final.
You must learn to be slow in a hurry.