List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Building a mid-range desktop PC - lower cost MB/CPU/video solution?
From:       Billie Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2016-06-10 17:28:10

On 06/10/2016 10:55 AM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> On 10 June 2016 at 13:38, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>> > I won't buy anything but AMD based computers. It's been my experience
>> > that they just work. No fuss. No bother. I don't know how true it is now
>> > days but it used to be that an AMD and an Intel of roughly equal specs,
>> > the AMD would outperform the Intell.
> I prefer Intel for Linux because drivers just work. For AMD internal
> graphics you often have to work on setup.

I've never had an issue with AMD anything working in Linux. This AMD
based laptop has no proprietary drives running and the graphics are
great. In fact the hard drive was set up on a Gateway AMD dual core,
where I used it for a long time, then moved to this AMD quad. It never
hiccuped with the move from one computer to the other.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice.
Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Sydney Friedmann ( MASH 4077 )