List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] question on tunderbird/seamonkey mail imap offline mirroring
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2016-01-31 23:08:26

On 2016-01-31 23:47, Istvan Gabor wrote:
> Thank you all for your help.
>
> For clarity what I need is not a backup. I do backups of the IMAP server using \
> imapsync. What I need here is an exact copy of the currentIMAP folder hierarchy in \
> seamonkey mail so that I could clear a server and synchronize with the server after \
> that. As I wrote in my previous mail, copying the whole IMAP directory into Local \
> Folders is not possible. I copied the IMAP folder directory into Local Foldes \
> directory in a file manager while seamonkey was turned off. But after restarting \
> seamonkey in Local Folders the IMAP directories were doubled and messed. For \
> example the  Trash dir contained many messages deleted from the original IMAP \
> Trash. It seems that Local Folders are treated too specifically.

My recommendation is to create the folder structure by hand under "Local
Folders", then mass copy or move the messages by marking all (ctrl-A)
when displaying the folder under inbox, them right click to move or copy
to the destination folder. Repeat for each folder.

This is what works best when using Thunderbird.

If you want to copy folders as directories and files, you also have to
create certain index files with "touch", ie, empty, in order for
Thunderbird to see them properly.

I'm assuming that Seamonkey still works the same as Thunderbird. In the
past it did.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)