List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] wintv 995q
From:       Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon () decoulon ! ch>
Date:       2015-10-28 21:34:15

On Wednesday 28 October 2015 20.58:22 Ruben Safir wrote:
> anyone ever get the above device installed and working?

Unfortunately I can't help you getting this device to work but I can offer two
(modest) pieces of advise:

a) the main trouble with devices that are "listed as Linux compatible" is that
OEM tend to change some chips without changing the model's name. The result
is that the stick you buy is no more the one that was compatible, even if it
looks the same. Happened to me several time, and as most vendors have no idea
about the revision number of what they sell...

b) I own a working USB stick that does DVB-C/T/T2, FM-Radio, AnalogTV and is
really certified Linux compatible (although kaffeine did crash on an openSUSE
13.1, I currently run it on a Debian Wheezy): Sundtek Media TV Pro .

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-MediaTV-Pro-DVB-C/T/T2-FM-Radio-AnalogTV.html

Now it's European made so I don't know how easy it's to get it in the USA
(your address seems to indicate you are there) and I don't know if you have
special requirements, but you may ask at Sundtek.

Good luck

Thierry