List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Yast/Grub2 keeps seeing a ghost [solved]
From:       Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon () decoulon ! ch>
Date:       2015-09-17 12:33:05

On Thursday 17 September 2015 02.08:33 John Andersen wrote:
> You've probably copied the /boot as well.
> In the past, when replacing drives, I've had to boot up with a live
> of some sort, then mount the /boot partition, and spend a little
> time editing Grub files, and adjusting GUIDs of the drives and
> partitions.

Yes, I did - I need it as the kernel is there. I did edit what I found, I
anyway never use the UUIDs (They probably are usefull to someone, but not to
me. I seldom add or remove drives to a machine, but I do copy partitions and
there the UUIDs are a pain and not a help).

On Thursday 17 September 2015 05.34:08 Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> Check /etc/default/grub_installdevice

Cпасибо Андрей !

That was what I was looking for. /dev/disk/by-id then gives the needed
information. Now yast/bootaloader works again, Thank you.

Thierry