List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Why do I feel that KDE is slow
From:       Xen <list () xenhideout ! nl>
Date:       2015-09-07 15:15:36

On 09/06/2015 09:41 PM, John Andersen wrote:

> I literally can't count the seconds with the old standby one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two method,
> because as soon as "one" is out of my mouth the screen has repainted.

Of course, yes, but it is not about absolute time in that sense, it is
about the time that the tool offers in which you can 'mess up' the tool.

Even if it was a milisecond and that milisecond offered you a window in
which to type a key and it would not register that key (particularly of
the thing was already accepting input, but nonetheless, equally) you
could get 'spurious' (I know it means something else) -- you would get
spurious (rare) errors now and then because occassionally that flaw
would get triggered.

Right now I can get the tool to crash by pressing alt-f2 often enough :P.

I have to start "krunner" to get it back again :P.

Lol, crash testing.

Thanks for your patience and all.