List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Firefox memory leak
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2014-08-27 23:06:22

On 2014-08-27 15:40 (GMT-0500) Jim Sabatke composed:

> I've been reluctant to use non-Suse packages because, at least in the
> past, they put things in totally different locations and I didn't want
> to have a mix of lib's, etc.

AFAIK, none of us who need to run multiple versions of any of the Geckos have
an option to have more than one of any given persuasion installed at once, so
most of the time I don't even run the one that is installed, opting to use
Mozilla.org builds exclusively.

Most of the time I have 2 SeaMonkeys and 3 Firefoxes running at once, but
quite a bit of the time I have a 6th, and sometimes even a 7th, all running
in KDE3 without unambiguous memory leakage. Sometimes I get a sense of
leakage from the only one out of the whole bunch that knows anything about
the existence of Flash. You might try renaming the Flash plugin binary to see
if it makes your leak disappear.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/