List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] What happened to Adobe Acrobat reader
From:       Ricardo Chung <ricardo.a.chung () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-23 20:07:55

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 03:38:51 AM Carlos E. R. wrote:
> El 2014-07-22 a las 19:11 -0500, Ricardo Chung escribió:
> > On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 09:39:38 AM David C. Rankin wrote:
> >

> > What about using an online PDF form filler online free?
>
> Out of the question, for security reasons.
>

>     That reminds me: the European Union is preparing moves, legislative or
>     court order, against google privacy policies. What they (google)
>     understand as privacy is a far cry from what many European countries
>     understand as privacy.
>
> So no, I'm not going to use an online service to fill forms with financial
> or other important matters on an outside server, and even worse, one that
> is not based in my own country, using machines outside of my country, and
> thus not subject to our strict laws on data protection.
>

> If there is no other way, I'll install Windows.
>
> (shudder!)
>

> --
> Cheers
>         Carlos E. R.
>
>         (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

I understand those concerns. I share all of those with you.

Using Microsoft Windows will not help to be protected or private at all.

Since a pragmatical point of view, I would use online converters for no so
sensitive stuffs. From paranoid point of view, I will go back to the old
fashion days (my own encryption system with plenty crazy not so easy leads to
decrypt it).:-D

Regards,

R.Chung