List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] What happened to Adobe Acrobat reader
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2014-07-23 15:41:48

On 2014-07-23 13:44, Anton Aylward wrote:
> On 07/22/2014 01:22 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>
>> We don't have tools, to my knowledge, that can create pdf forms or signed
>> documents for legal ussage.
>

> There is much scattered though this thread about forms, javascript,
> signatures and more that tells me Linux is sorely in need for a real
> replacement for acroread or a tool which addresses these issues without
> having to resort to something running under Windows.

I don't think it is possible.

Adobe is the leader in this field, everybody simply tries to replicate
what they do. And developers in Linux have never even tried to get that
close, in decades... I don't see them closing the gap soon.

And adobe has abandoned the Linux field, no idea why. Must be
intentional, some hidden agenda. Yes, I'm paranoid in this respect.
Either that, or they are sorely pissed with Linux.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)