List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Re: When I have downloads running, DNS fails.
From:       James Knott <james.knott () rogers ! com>
Date:       2014-07-15 23:17:15

On 07/15/2014 06:23 PM, Linda Walsh wrote:
> Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>> Typically, a router can be put into bridge mode.
>>>
> ---
>    And then your "routing" (and traffic prioritization, if wanted)
> could be done
> on your PC.
>

>    The only thing you mentioned that such might not cover is
> wireless -- if your PC doesn't have wireless capability.  (I've never
> gotten into wireless due to bad reception and interference issues).

In addition to the Linux computer based firewall/router that I mentioned
earlier, I have a WiFi access point that works very well.  It doesn't
even have a router function.  Also, since it uses PoE, I can mount it in
any convenient location, without worrying about having AC power nearby.
I mounted it up on the wall of my laundry room, roughly near the middle
of my condo.